Thursday, December 9, 2010

Lame excuses

Once again, my blog posting is thwarted. I have a sick little bunny curled up next to me, and it is probably only a matter of time before he crawls into my lap. I'm wondering if I'll wind up digging into his Christmas presents to cheer him up today.

Speaking of presents: I want to preface this by saying I'm incredibly grateful to our family for wanting to shower Sam with gifts. But I've been a little bit troubled that I seem to be telling everyone what to get for him. I get it: we live so far from our family that they don't really have a sense of what he plays with, and they want to get him something he likes. And it's not as though I don't do the same thing. But it makes me feel a little grubby, like I'm ordering people to get him things. I've definitely tried to give multiple suggestions so people still feel like they're getting him something on their own. I suppose I shouldn't complain, since as I said, I've done the same thing. And it's not as if Sam knows, so he's still getting surprised.

This weekend I think I'll have my annual Christmas cookie non-baking, when I think about how I should really bake cookies for friends & family and then not do it. It is a wonderful tradition, full of guilt and failed potential. I highly recommend it to all procrastinators and slackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment